Annie Nilsson - Aug 5 2020
6 ways to kick that morning after feeling.
The Vitadrop team always encourages responsible consumption of alcohol. It might be boring, but at the end of the day, if you want to avoid a hangover, don’t drink in the first place.
However if you’re like us, and don’t mind giving it a nudge on a special occasion, then we’ve done some research on the origins behind hangovers, and some tips and tricks to avoid that morning after feeling.
Given the widespread partying phenomenon, we find it a little surprising that scientists still don't fully understand the science behind a hangover, or why you still experience the headache, fatigue and nausea we all know and definitely don't love, long after your body has metabolised the last traces of alcohol.
To help combat those nasty feels, here are our top 5 tips to kick tick your hangover.
1. Give yourself a good base to work off. Drink plenty of water before hitting happy hour, dehydration is often the root cause of several hangover symptoms.
2. Avoid sugary and caffeinated drinks. Cocktails and mixers don’t actively replace the fluids you lose when drinking, and can also spike your blood sugar, adding to dehydration.
3. Use the 2 for 1 rule. Have a glass of water between drinks, or better yet, sub that G&T for a gin and soda. Not only does it taste way better than it's vodka counterpart, but it keeps you just as hydrated.
4. Go for lighter spirits. Another reason to stick to that G&T, experiments show that clear liquors, like vodka and gin, are less likely to cause a hangover compared to darker drinks like whiskey and red wine.
5. Get plenty of sleep. Alcohol can cause sleep disturbances, so hydrating before bed with something like The Daily, will help to metabolise alcohol and reduce the nasty feels the next day. The B vitamins will also help you wake up feeling fresher, and less groggy.
6. Start the morning after with coconut water. The electrolytes and vitamins will help hydrate and replace what you’ve lost on your night out... on the inside anyway. Plus, It contains as much potassium as a banana, and is packed with antioxidants to help kick the stress alcohol brings on your body.
Article credit :